Who is WEi K-Pop? WEi Members, Ages, Info (WEi Profile 2022)
WEi (위아이) is a six-membered K-Pop group signed to OUI Entertainment. The members of WEi include: Jang Dae-hyeon, Kim Dong-han, Yoo Yong-ha, Kim Yo-han, Kang Seok-hwa and Kim Jun-seo.
WEi Featured Image: @wei__official (IG)
About WEi K-Pop
- Korean Name: 위아이
- Company: OUI Entertainment
- Number of Members: 6
- Number of Albums: 4
- Debut Year: 2020
- Genre: K-Pop / Pop
- Fanbase: RUi
- Color: Light Blue (Pantone 297C), Dark Blue (Pantone 281C), Purple (Pantone 7679C)
WEi, formed by OUI Entertainment, debuted on the 5th of October 2020 with their first track, “TWILIGHT,” and EP titled “IDENTITY: First Sight.”
- With many already introduced to fans through competition programs like Produce 101 or other debuted groups like 1THE9 and X1, the members of WEi made an explosive debut and have, since their debut, drawn a loyal fanbase of listeners with their unique and catchy music.
Since 2020, the members WEi has gained over 100k monthly Spotify listeners. Furthermore, their music videos have been viewed more than 35 million times by fans around the globe, all enchanted by the members’ multifaced talents and the group’s brilliant music.
Before debuting in WEi, several of the members had already gained loyal fanbases by competing and debuting in other groups across the K-Pop industry.
In 2017, Daehyeon and Donghan competed in the popular K-Pop survival program “Produce 101 (Season 2).” Produce 101 Season 2 was a Korean competition show that created top boy group Wanna One. Both WEi members were eliminated during the competition.
- After Produce 101, Donghan debuted in K-Pop group JBJ. JBJ consisted of six former Produce 101 contestants, Donghan, Kenta, Taehyun, Sanggyun, Longguo, and Hyunbin.
Meanwhile, Daehyeon similarly debuted in a Produce 101 spin-off group named Rainz.
- Other Rainz members included former Produce 101 contestants, Kim Seong-ri, Ju Won-tak, Lee Ki-won, Jang Dae-hyeon, Hong Eun-ki, Byun Hyun-min, and Seo Sung-hyuk.
- In 2018, both JBJ and Rainz disbanded.
Seokhwa participated in the YG Entertainmnet survival show “YG Treasure Box,” which created the YG group TREASURE, but was eliminated during the competition. In 2019, Seokhwa and Yohan competed on “Produce X 101.” While Seokhwa was eliminated in 35th place, Yohan reached 1st place and debuted as the center of the final group, X1.
- X1 included a star-studded lineup of members including Kim Yo-han, Kim Woo-seok, Han Seung-woo, Song Hyeong-jun, Cho Seung-youn, Son Dong-pyo, Lee Han-gyul, Nam Do-hyon, Cha Jun-ho, Kang Min-hee and Lee Eun-sang. However the group disbanded shortly after their debut.
Finialy, Yongha and Junseo were both contestants on the K-pop competition show, Under Nineteen. Both Yongha and Junseo finished as final members and debuted in 1the9 on April 13, 2019. After promoting for a year and a half, 1the9 officially disbanded on August 8, 2020.
The formation of WEi was first announced by Oui Entertainment in May of 2020. The company teased the group by releasing a series of individual profile videos using the temporary name “OUIBOYS.” OUI later changed their name to be WEi, pronounced (We-I).
After a series of teasers and trailers the members of WEi debuted with the release of their first album, “Identity: First Sight.”
- The album, the first of the group’s Identity album series, was released on the 5th of October 2020 with the title track “Twilight”.
Due to COVID restrictions, WEi were not able to perform infront of fans during their debut, however the group quickly gained a loyal fan base by releasing variety of content that showcased the members all-rounder talent and entertaining personalities.
On February 24, 2021, WEi released their first comeback with their newest track “All Or Nothing,” and their second EP “Identity: Challenge.”
- The record was shortly followed by the group’s summer anthem “Bye Bye Bye” and their third and final Indetity EP “Identity: Action,” both released on the 9th of June 2021.
The members of WEi released their fourth comeback and first Love album series album “Love Pt.1: First Love.”
During their promotions in the last two years, WEi have established themselves as powerful performers and incredible musicians. With their fantastic music and performances, the members of WEi have cemented themselves into the K-Pop industry.