EXO KAI Upcoming SECOND album; SEVENTEEN Attacca RELEASE; The Asian Artist Awards (AAA) LINEUP Updates
Featured Image: @weareone.exo (IG)
- SEVENTEEN’s success with “ATTACCA.”
- The Asia Artist Awards (AAA) lineup updates
- KAI to release second album
SEVENTEEN’s “ATTACA” SUCCESSS
International hit self-producing group SEVENTEEN has released their newest EP with its instantly iconic title track, “Rock With You.”
Released on the 22nd of October, “Attacca” (SEVENTEEN’s latest album) is a seven-track EP that explores different genres within K-Pop, such as acoustic-pop and dance-pop.
- As a departure from their usual style, SEVENTEEN’s hip-hop unit track, “I can’t run away,” surprised fans with its ballad-like pop sound and themes of breakup.
- Furthermore, SEVENTEEN released their first all-English track, “2 MINUS 1 (Bonus Track),” performed by SEVENTEEN’s American members Joshua and Vernon.
- Other tracks on the album included the group tracks “To You” and “Crush,” which SEVENTEEN performed during their Comeback Show (linked below), and the Performance Unit’s playful dance-pop track, “Pang!” which charmed fans with its fun aesthetic.
- Together, this album proved that SEVENTEEN’s music transcends language and genre to create a style that perfectly showcases the talent and skill of the incredible members of this group.
Since the album and title track’s release, fans have hailed this album as some of the group’s best work with stunning lyrics and stunning quality of music.
In addition to the albums shining reviews, “Attacca” has topped Japan’s Oricon Daily Album Chart and the iTunes Charts Internationally, an incredible achievement for the group and their fans around the globe.
During Attacca‘s global press conference, the members revealed that the album reached 1.4 million pre-orders in the first week and that the group would promote the album without Jun and The8, who are currently in China.
THE AAA LINEUP
The 2021 Asia Artist Awards (AAA) has announced some of the Actors and Musicians who make up the lineup set to attend the event.
Held on the 2nd of December, Hallyu icons planning to attend the event include:
- Cha Eun Woo (ASTRO)
- Lee Jung Jae (Actor)
- Lee Seung-Gi (Actor/Singer)
- Moon Ga Young (Actress)
- Han So Hee (Actress)
- Yoo Ah In (Actress)
- Na In Woo (Actor)
- Minhyun (NU’EST)
Both groups won massive awards at the event last year, with THE BOYZ winning the AAA Choice (singer) award and Stray Kids being awarded the Best Music Video award.
On the 26th of October, trot singer Lim Young Woong and international pop sensation SEVENTEEN have also joined the lineup of artists expected to attend the ceremony.
KAI SOPHOMORE ALBUM
SM Entertainment confirmed yesterday that talented performer and musician KAI is preparing to release his second solo album in late November.
First reported by SPOTV News and later by Mydaily, the news surprised unexpecting EXO and Kai fans. Since the announcement, SM Entertainment stocks have skyrocketed. The upcoming comeback will follow this artist’s music hiatus since his solo album release, “KAI (开),” in November 2021.
More recently, KAI has acted as the global ambassador for Seoul Fashion Week Spring 2022, where this artist has showcased his increasing influence in the fashion sphere.
While SM Entertainment has not released much information about the exact date of KAI’s upcoming comeback or the style of music to expect, fans look forward to this artist’s sophomore album following the incredible success of this artist’s 2020 solo debut.
To stay updated on more K-Pop news, keep reading here: