HYBE 2021 BRIEFING SIMPLIFIED; HYBE America AUDITION DETAILS
On November 4th, the international music corporation HYPE Corp. held its official year-end corporate briefing. The live stream featured Chairman Bang Si-hyuk, HYBE America co-CEO Scooter Braun, and other subsidiary executives as they described the company’s plans for the coming year.
Featured Image: @hybe.labels.audition (IG)
- HYBE 2021 Briefing: NFTs, Webtoons, Games, and WEVERSE/VLIVE merge
- HYPE AMERICA Auditions and HYPE Japan new group/audition project
HYBE 2021 Briefing: NFTs, Webtoons, Games, and WEVERSE/VLIVE merge
The plans covered various fields in the entertainment and tech industry, with ventures including new Artist storyline-inspired Webtoons, another BTS video game, and a WEVERSE / NAVER’s VLIVE merge that will make live-streaming possible on the WEVERSE app.
HYBE also announced its investment in the Korean cryptocurrency operator Dunamu. HYBE outlined its plans to partner with the company to create non-fungible tokens (NFTs) of artists and HYBE content.
- In response to the announcement, fans have questioned the necessity of NFTs in comparison to the infamous destructive environmental impact of the tech.
According to the briefing, HYBE will be using the NFTs to create un-replicable and digital photo cards and other merch for HYBE artists like BTS, TXT, and ENHYPEN.
- Not the first Korean entertainment company to show interest in this technology, JYPE and SM Entertainment have pursued NFT and cryptocurrency/blockchain platforms in the last three years.
HYPE AMERICA Auditions and HYPE Japan new group/audition project
During the live-stream, HYBE announced the formation of two new groups. The first group, an American-based female group, will be formed by Universal Music’s Geffen Records and HYPE America. According to HYBE America, the company will implement a training system before the group’s debut.
HYBE X GEFFEN GIRL GROUP AUDITION:
- Gender: Female
- Age: 15-19 (16-19 for EU)
- Skills: Singing, Rapping, Dancing, Producing
- Closing Date: November 28th, 2022
Furthermore, HYBE Japan has announced its plans to debut a Japanese male group. The group will include former I-LAND members K, Nicholas, EJ, and Taki. As part of their “Global Debut Project,” the label will select other members with a 2022 audition project titled “&Audition,” which fans can watch through YouTube.
Which group are you most excited about? How do you feel about the upcoming release of NFTs for HYBE’s artists?
To stay updated on HYBE news, keep reading here: