EXO SEHUN’s latest K-Drama DETAILS; ASTRO’s MJ Prepares for Trot SOLO DEBUT
Featured Image: @officialastro (IG)
- ASTRO’s MJ prepares for Trot Solo Debut
- EXO SEHUN’s latest K-Drama
ASTRO’s MJ prepares for Trot Solo Debut
Currently preparing for his solo debut, ASTRO vocalist MJ has released the teaser schedule and first set of promotional photos for his upcoming “Happy Virus” comeback.
- Title Track Name: Get Set Yo
- Genre: Semi-Trot
- Release Date: November 3rd, 2021
- Release Time: 6 PM (KST)
- Form: Digital Single / Music Video
The first ASTRO to make an official musical solo debut, fans eagerly await this singer’s trot-inspired comeback. The comeback is a collaboration between MJ and Kim Taeyeon, a trot singer who rose to fame as a child. Furthermore, “Happy Virus” is produced by Young Tak, one of the most popular trot singers, most known for his 2020 hit track “Jjiniya.”
Trot music is a style of Korean music that started during the Japanese occupation of Korea and is known for its unique vocals and two-beat rhythm.
- This comeback will not be the first experimentation with the genre for MJ as fans recall his performance of the unreleased trot song “Cheok Cheok (Don’t Do it)” during ASTRO’s 2018 “The 2nd Astroad To Seoul: Starlight” concert.
- Furthermore, this singer debuted as part of the project trot group, “SUPER FIVE,” along with fellow idol PENTAGON’s HUI.
On October 27th, the official ASTRO Instagram account released the first set of concept photos for the upcoming track. Colorful and filled with pastel colors, MJ portrays a bright delivery boy and an uplifting mood (see featured image).
- Fans around the globe responded to the release by trending custom hashtags including #HappyVirus, #계세요, and #GetSetYo.
In other news, MJ is also preparing for the stage production of “Jack the Ripper.” The musical is to start in December, and MJ will be playing the character of “Daniel.”
EXO SEHUN’s latest K-Drama
EXO fans around the globe have erupted in excitement as SBS releases the first still cults of EXO SEHUN’s latest acting project.
In the upcoming drama, named “Now, We Are Breaking Up,” Sehun portrays the character, “Hwang Chi Hyung,” the new employee at a fashion company.
According to the SBS production crew, “Hwang Chi Hyung, played by Oh Sehun, is a character who simultaneously possesses both bold and cute charms. Oh Sehun has expressed his character Hwang Chi Hyung with excellent visual and charms. Please show lots of interest and anticipation.”
- Name: Now, We Are Breaking Up
- Korean name: 지금, 헤어지는 중입니다
- Number of Episodes: 16
- Network: Samhwa Networks and United Artists Agency; SBS
- Premier date: 12th November 2021
- Time: 10 PM (KST)
Other well-known actors set to appear in this drama include Song Hye-Kyo, Jang Ki-Yong, Choi Hee-Seo, and Kim Joo-hun. Song Hye-Kyo is famous for shows like Descendants of The Sun and Encounter with Park Bogum, while Jang Ki-Yong is known for dramas like My Roommate Is a Gumiho and Search WWW, among others.
For more on MJ’s upcoming comeback and Sehun’s new K-Drama, keep reading here: