CJ ENM to acquire SM Entertainment; HYBE holds GLOBAL AUDITIONS-audition requirements
Featured Image: @hybe.lables.audition (IG)
Recently the internet has been filled with news regarding K-Pop Entertainment Companies. From CJ ENM planning to acquire SM Entertainment to international auditions, some of the genre’s top corporations and companies are making headlines.
- CJ ENM and SM Entertainment
- HYBE GLOBAL AUDITIONS 2021
- HYBE audition requirements
CJ ENT to acquire SM Entertainment
According to a report by The Korea Economic Daily, Korean mega-media group CJ ENM is in “exclusive discussions” to acquire nearly 20% of SM Entertainment’s shares (composed in part of Lee Soo-man’s 18.72% shares).
SM Entertainment is one of the top K-Pop Entertainment companies in the genre.
- Established in the 1990s, SM artists include icons like BoA, Super Junior, and younger groups like NCT and EXO. More recently, SM has debuted the record-breaking group, aespa.
CJ ENM is an entertainment company led by Heo Min Heoi (CEO). Some of CJ ENM’s subsidiaries include Stone Music Entertainment and Hwa&Dam Pictures, among others.
- Furthermore, CJ ENM also manages Mnet (Music Network), producing shows like M Countdown, Show Me The Money, and Produce 101.
According to The Korea Economic Daily, CJ ENM is the largest film producing and distributor in South Korea.
Through their acquisition of SM Entertainment, this group plans to increase its hold in the Korean music industry.
For more on this deal, I highly recommend reading the report written by Jun-ho Cha (The Korea Economic Daily).
HYBE auditions, details, and requirements
Big Hit audition requirements:
- Age/Gender: male born after 2002
- Application categories: vocals, rap, dance, and producing
- Application period: 18th of October until the 20th of December.
This news is after their BELIFT GIRL GROUP GLOBAL AUDITION for the second season of the hit survival program, “I-LAND.”
Keep updated on HYBE, I-LAND, SM ENTERTAINMENT, and more with our new News To ME posts: