“Girls Planet 999” has Revealed the FINAL Lineup, Group Name, and more
Mnet’s popular girl group survival competition, “Girls Planet 999,” has released its final episode and announced the final lineup. After 12 episodes, “Girls Planet 999” has revealed the final lineup and group name.
Featured Image: @official.kep1er (IG)
- the new group name
- final lineup
- new official SNS
Prior to the announcement, fans voted for the final lineup between the top 18 contestants.
- Votes were cast in two stages, first throughout the preceding week and secondly during the live broadcast of the last episode (in which the votes earned double points).
In the finale, the top 18 girls performed a brand new song, “Shine,” the show’s theme song, “OOO,” and a ballad track, “Another Dream.”
During the program, MC host Yeo Jingoo also announced the name for the upcoming group.
- Named after Johannes Kepler (17th-century astronomer and astrologer), the upcoming group will debut with the name, Kep1er. Honoring this iconic astronomer who discovered the laws of planetary motion, “Kep1er” relates to the show’s astronomical and planetary theme.
Members and Points
- The first member announced was beloved Japanese trainee Sakamoto Masahiro, who received 708,149 points.
- In the 7th and 6th slots were Ezaki Hikaru and Kang Yeseo. In 5th and 4th came Korean trainees Seo Youngeun and Kim Dayeon with 781,657 and 885,286 points respectively. Third place is former CLC member, Choi Yujin who has placed consistently well throughout the show.
The two top candidates were talented Korean trainees Kim Chaehyun and Huening Bahiyyih. Huening Bahiyyih received the most votes internationally. However, in the end, the top spot was awarded to talented idol-to-be Kim Chae Hyun, who earned 1,081,182 points.
- The final member to be announced as the 9th member was Chinese trainee Shen Xiao Ting with 700,663, making her the only member of the 33 Chinese trainees to make it into the final lineup.
- Kim Chae Hyun – 1,081,182 points
- Huening Bahiyyih – 923,567 points
- Choi Yu Jin – 915,722 points
- Kim Da Yeon – 885,286 points
- Seo Young Eun – 781,657 points
- Kang Ye Seo – 770,561 points
- Ezaki Hikaru – 713,322 points
- Sakamoto Mashiro – 708,149 points
- Shen Xiao Ting – 700,663 points
SNS and INTRO video release
In preparation for Kep1er’s official debut, Swing Entertainment has announced the girl group’s official social media accounts.
- Swing Entertainment is a CJ ENM (the same corporation that runs Mnet) label that has managed Mnet-created groups like IZ*ONE, IOI, and Wanna One.
In addition to their official SNS accounts, Swing has also released their official “INTRO” video on Twitter.
After collecting fan votes and choosing the most ready-to-debut trainees, “Girls Planet 999” has revealed the final lineup for the upcoming group: Kep1er! For more on this group and their members, keep reading here: